Dried Chipotle Chile Peppers - Whole
Key Product Features
- There are approximately 8 Chipotle Chiles per oz, please note this number can change depending on the size or weight of each individual chile.
- RICH SMOKE FLAVOR: Chipotle Morita Chilies Give Off Smoky Aroma And Are A Key Ingredient That Imparts A Relatively Mild But Earthy Spiciness To Many Dishes In Mexican Cuisine. The Chiles Are Used To Make Various Salsas Which Are Used To Season A Wide Variety Of Dishes.
- MILD HEAT: Chipotle Morita Chiles are considered a medium heat chile and come in at 5 000 to 10 000 Scoville Heat Units.
- PREMIUM CHILE PRODUCT - Nicely packaged in a durable clear re-sealable bag
- AUTHENTIC FROM MEXICO - Essential for authentic Mexican Cuisine 100% Natural from Mexico.
Chipotle Chiles are an authentic product sourced from the best spice houses in Mexico. They are dry smoked jalapeño peppers used in many authentic Mexican dishes, as well as an added ingredient to salsas, chili, meats, soups, BBQ, etc. Chipotle Chile Peppers are 2 to 4 inches in length, about 1 inch wide. Because of how Chipotle Chile peppers are processed, they come with a more "fruity" and rich, smokey flavor with a medium hot profile, typically categorized on a 5,000 to 10,000 Scoville Scale. In Latin countries, it's the preferred chile for making dry salsa, or also known as Salsa Seca. Chipotle is often a key ingredient in a recipe that imparts a relatively mild but earthy spiciness to many dishes in Mexican cuisine.
Serving size 1 chile (3g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 10, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 2.7mg (0% DV), Total Carb. 2.1g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0.9g (3% DV), Sugars 1.2g, Protein 0.3g (0% DV), Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Vitamin D (0% DV), Calcium 1mg (0% DV), Iron 0mg (1% DV), Potassium 56mg (1% DV). The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. These values were calculated and therefore are approximate. For more accuracy, testing is advised.
Ingredients: Dried Chipotle Chiles
F A Q
How to use Chipotle Chile Peppers?
Chipotle Chile Peppers may come in its after-smoked state or in powder form. If using it in it's after-smoked state; you can either mix it to the dish as it is, or you can slice it into smaller pieces. Chipotle Chile peppers are also popularly used for meats that have high-fat content. It's also commonly added to braised dishes.
How hot/spicy are Chipotle Chile Peppers?
Mild heat to hot- Chipotle Chiles are considered to pack up some mild heat and may come more spicy than usual in some occasions.